LOS ANGELES (FOX 11) - Popcornopolis Chef Phil Fox shared a special Buffalo Parmesan Popcorn recipe for Good Day LA viewers, as well as the company's delicious Unicorn Popcorn.
RECIPE: Buffalo Parmesan Popcorn
Ghee 2 fl oz (1/4 Cup)
Popcorn 3 fl oz (6 Tbsp)
Sea Salt, Fine 3/4 tsp
Nutritional Yeast, Ground 1 tsp
Garlic Powder 1/2 tsp
Onion Powder 1/2 tsp
Chipotle Pepper Powder 1/2 tsp
Cayenne Pepper Powder 1/2 tsp
Vinegar Powder 1 Tbsp
Parmesan 1/4 Cup
1) Mix the seasoning blend in a small bowl, reserve parmesan.
2) Heat pan over medium high heat for approximately 2 minutes, add oil and 2 kernels of popcorn.
3) Once the popcorn pops, add the remaining popcorn and close lid. Increase heat to high. If using a stove-top popcorn popper, continuously rotate crank to stir. If using a dutch oven, continuously 'shimmy” the pot in a circular motion while leaving the bottom of the pot on the burner. Don’t shake as you want un-popped kernels to remain on bottom of pot in direct contact with heat.
4) Once the pops have reduced to more than 2-3 seconds between pops, or you can no longer move the crank, quickly dump into large warmed bowl.
5) Toss with the seasoning while still warm. Lastly, sprinkle with the parmesan.