(FOX 11) - The OC’s 38th annual "A Taste of Greece" festival is this weekend -- as well as Pacific City’s Good Vibes Beachfest Saturday in Huntington Beach!
Orange County’s 38th annual “A Taste of Greece” festival June 24-26
St. Paul’s Greek Orthodox Church
More than 12,000 guests are expected to attend the three-day festival, which will feature traditional Greek cuisine and pastries, wine tasting, live music, church tours, authentic Greek dancing with lessons, and boutique booths reminiscent of the Plaka, a well-known picturesque historical neighborhood of Athens.
Festival hours are 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, June 24; noon to 10 p.m. on Saturday, June 25; and noon to 9 p.m. on Sunday, June 26. Festival admission is just $3 per person, with free admission on Saturday, June 25 from noon – 5 p.m. for seniors 65 years and older. Children under the age of 10 are admitted free (with parents or an adult) throughout the three-day festival. Free festival parking will also be available, with complimentary shuttle buses transporting guests from public parking sites in Irvine.
A family-friendly affair, the festival will offer free Greek dance lessons throughout the weekend, and also feature boutique shops, a variety of games and a full-scale carnival. Event attendees can also enter an opportunity drawing for the chance to win one of five premiere prizes, including $1,500 cash, a 60” HD Smart TV, iPad AIR 2, $500 Disneyland Gift Card and Men’s or Ladies’ S2 GPS Approach Golf Watch.
For more information on the “A Taste of Greece” festival, please visit www.IrvineGreekFest.com.
Pacific City’s Good Vibes Beachfest this Saturday in Huntington Beach
Pacific City’s Good Vibes Beachfest taking place on Saturday, June 25 from 10 am – 9 pm in Huntington Beach
• Pacific City is SoCal’s hottest new destination overlooking the Pacific Ocean and iconic pier in Huntington Beach
• The all-day lineup of free, fun, carnival-inspired retro-cool festivities will offer something for everyone (full list below) including food demos and sampling, photo ops and art walls, live music, stilt walkers, sandcastle artists, fortune telling, a Ferris Wheel and much more!
A SNEAK PEEK OF Pacific City’s Good Vibes Beachfest in Huntington Beach:
PIE-NOT AT LOT 579 | FOOD
• We’re here today with Jai Snowdon, the owner of Pie-Not – an Aussie-style bakery opening at Pacific City’s Lot 579 food hall this weekend!
• You can have a chance to sample Pie-Not’s tasty pies and sweets at the Good Vibes Beachfest Event from 10-4pm. There will also be a variety of other food samples from Pacific City’s incredible line up of culinary tenants!
• Pie-Not has brought us a delicious sample of their offerings available at their Pacific City Lot 579 location, including a variety of Aussie-style veggie and meat pies (Dog’s Eye, Southern Comfort), savory pastries (hippie roll), desserts (What a Lemon)
• For the first-time, Pie-Not will be serving Australian beer and wine at their Lot 579 shop!
MOLLY BROWN’S AT PACIFIC CITY | FASHION
• For more than 35 years Molly Brown’s has been on the cutting edge of designer swimwear and a celeb favorite! Their shop at Pacific City carries women and men’s swim, as well as women’s accessories, cover-ups, sandals and more
CARNIVAL/STILT WALKER ELEMENTS | FUN
• During the family-friendly, FREE event, you’ll be able to see stilt walkers, like Brittnee here, from 11-5pm!
• The retro, carnival-inspired event is open to the public and no RSVP necessary
• Bring your dogs for a canine photo op, enjoy a kid’s play area + face painting, magic tricks, caricature artist -- and have your phone ready to capture a ton of Instagramable moments throughout the Center!
• For more information on the event, please visit www.gopacificcity.com
• Pacific City is located at 21010 Pacific City Hwy, Huntington Beach, California
Full list of activations:
• Delicious food demonstrations from Pacific City restaurants’ talented chefs from 11am to 5pm (across from Ocean Blue Art + Design)
• Free food sampling from 10am to 4pm from eateries in LOT 579 food hall
• Interactive photo opportunities and art walls (multiple locations including next to Sunglass Resort, across from Tank Farm and near Ola Mexican Kitchen)
• Kids play area from Pretend City
• Live music from 1-4pm and 5-8pm in the Mains Events Plaza
• Stilt walkers from 11am to 5pm
• Kids face painting and temporary tattoos from 10am to 4pm (near Lush)
• Kids climbing area from 10am to 4pm (across from Sephora)
• Sandcastle artists from Noon to 4pm
• Outdoor ping pong lounge (near Tommy Bahama)
• Canine photo op (near LOT 579)
• Fortune telling with “Voltar” from Noon to 4pm (across from Cherryhills Market)
• Roving sleight of hand magician from 11am to 3pm
• Free flash tattoos by LuluDK from 11am to 4pm (near Free People)
• Caricature artist from 1pm to 4pm (near Smocking Birds)
• Exciting promotions and gifts with purchase from some of Pacific City’s most popular shops
Copyright 2016 FOX 11 Los Angeles: Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid – download the Fresco News App today.