Jordan Catapano, mixologist, author of a series of entertaining books, and creator of a blog called “This Girl Walks Into a Bar,” joined us this morning to show viewers how to make festive refreshing drinks and treats that are sure to be a hit at any Fourth of July party!
The Star Sparkler (kid-friendly drink with a dunkable fruit kabob) *recipe by Jordan Catapano
- 4 ounces Bolthouse Farms® Blue Goodness® Juice
- 2 ounces club soda
- ½ ounce blackberry cinnamon simple syrup
- Red, white, blue sugared rim
- Star shaped apples, watermelon balls, and blueberry kabobs
- Run a grapefruit wedge around the rim of the glass, then dip the rim into the red, white, and blue sugar.
- Fill a medium-sized mason jar with ice, then add the Bolthouse Farms Blue Goodness Juice, club soda, and blackberry cinnamon simple syrup.
- Shake a few times to mix, then pour into the kid’s cup. Garnish with the kabobs and serve.
Ferris Wheel (layered sparkling mocktail) *recipe by Jordan Catapano
- 2 ounces Bolthouse Farms® Multi-V Goodness™ Cherry
- 2 ounces club soda
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce Monin Cotton Candy Syrup
- Star shaped ice cubes
- White sugar rim
- Natural maraschino cherry
- First, rum a lemon around the rim of the glass, and then dip the rim into a thin layer of white cane sugar.
- Next, fill your glass with the star-shaped ice cubes.
- Pour the cotton candy syrup over the back of a spoon directed towards the side of the glass.
- In a separate glass, thoroughly yet gently mix the Bolthouse Farms Multi-V Goodness Cherry, lemon juice, and club soda.
- Slowly pour the mixture into one side of the glass to maintain the color separation.
- Garnish with a cherry or two and serve.
Patriotic Icy Pop *recipe by Jordan Catapano
- ¾ ounce Bolthouse Farms® Blueberry Banana Almondmilk
- 8 - 10 blueberries
- 1 ounce vanilla coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon sweetened coconut flakes
- ¾ ounce Bolthouse Farms® Raspberry Blood Orange Juice
- 3 – 4 star shaped strawberries
- Combine the Bolthouse Farms Blueberry Banana Almondmilk with the blueberries in the bottom of your popsicle mold and freeze.
- Mix the coconut flakes with the vanilla coconut milk and add as the next layer in your popsicle mold. Freeze for about an hour.
- Combine the Bolthouse Farms Raspberry Blood Orange Juice with the star shaped strawberries and top off the popsicle mold. Insert the popsicle stick and freeze until solid.
Citrus Parade Granita *recipe by Jordan Catapano
- 2 cups Bolthouse Farms® Raspberry Blood Orange Juice
- ¾ cup sweet & sour
- ½ cup lemon mint simple syrup
- Mint sprig garnish
- Combine the Bolthouse Farms Raspberry Blood Orange Juice, sweet & sour, and lemon mint simple syrup in a freezer safe baking sheet or dish. Place the container in the freezer for thirty minutes.
- After thirty minutes, take the mixture out of the freezer and stir. Repeat this step three more times.
- Once the mixture has frozen solid, remove it from the freezer and scrape or scoop the granita into a bowl.
Cherry Boom Slushie *recipe by Jordan Catapano
- ½ cup frozen cubes of Bolthouse Farms® Multi-V Goodness™ Cherry
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 2 ounces cinnamon strawberry simple syrup
- Strawberry garnish
- In a blender, combine the ice, frozen cubes of Bolthouse Farms Multi-V Goodness Cherry, and strawberry simple syrup.
- Blend until smooth.