They've been riding their motorcycles across the Rocky Mountains and through the desert raising money for AIDS research, Kiehl's LifeRide is back...Kiehl's President Chris Salgardo gives us the details.
What is LifeRide?
- The 6th annual Kiehl’s LifeRide for amfAR stops at Kiehl’s Santa Monica on Wednesday, Aug. 12, from 3 to 4 PM.
- Making a special appearance to support the ride, amfAR’s Global Campaign Chair, Sharon Stone, will accept the check for our full donation to amfAR, at LifeRide’s stop in Santa Monica, Wed., Aug. 12.
- Now it its 6th year, Kiehl’s LifeRide for amfAR is a cross-country, multi-stop charity motorcycle ride to raise funds and awareness for amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research.
- As we ride cross-country, we’ll be making stops to celebrate with our customers in every city, so our customers can meet the riders, learn more about amfAR, and hopefully contribute!
- Throughout the course of the ride, Kiehl’s will donate a total of $150,000 to amfAR, and at the conclusion of this year’s ride, we will have raised $1,270,000 for amfAR, since 2010, funding 7 cure-related research projects.
What’s happening in Santa Monica today?
- We are incredibly honored that amfAR’s Global Campaign Chair, Sharon Stone, will join us to accept the check for our full donation to amfAR
- Melisse Chef, Josiah Citrin will be our host, and will provide refreshments for our guests.
- DJ BMad and Sky Blu from LMFAO will DJ the event, and there’ll be a special performance from Sky Blu.
- Personal consultations and complimentary 20-minute facials
- In celebration of LifeRide, every customer that visits Kiehl’s Santa Monica, Aug. 12 through Aug. 14 will receive a 15 percent discount on all purchases, with the exception of charitable products and value sets. Kiehl’s will donate that 15 percent difference to amfAR, up to $115,000.
How can customers participate?
- 100 percent of Kiehl’s net profits from the sale of the Limited Edition Ultimate Strength Hand Salve, up to $25,000, will benefit amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research.
- 100 percent of Kiehl’s net profits from the sale of LIFERIDE: Riding for a Cure, a coffee-table photo book chronicling the first five years of LifeRide, up to $10,000, will benefit amfAR. Featuring photos by Grammy award-winning photographer Travis Shinn, the brand-new book launches in all Kiehl’s retail stores beginning August 1. The book retails for $60.
We’ll certainly be accepting donations at Kiehl's store, but customers can also visit CrowdRise.com/LifeRide2015 and donate to amfAR directly online.
You can meet all of the riders from Kiehl's LifeRide today from 3-4pm at the Santa Monica store. Ms. Sharon stone will be there…or tomorrow, on Thursday, August 13th from 2-3:00pm in Costa Mesa at the Kiehl's store in South Coast Plaza.