With the holidays just weeks away, The Black Friday, Cyber Monday deals are almost here. How do you know you’re getting the best savings? Sara Skirball, Shopping & trends expert from Retail Me Not is here with insider tips on where and when you’ll find the best deals.
TIP 1: Create a game plan & start early
- November is the ultimate month for deals as the busiest shopping days of the entire year are happening this month. We’re even starting to hear it called Black November because it’s not just Black Friday or Cyber Monday where you’ll find hot savings, it’s the entire month.
TIP 2: Do your research before shopping
- With just a few minutes of time, you can work to bundle your savings. That means using a promo code, discount gift card and possibly even a cash back rebate..
- Use ground shipping or ship to store, so you don’t have to pay extra rush charges.
TIP 3 : Shop for beauty, cookware and electronics in November
- If you’re shopping for gifts that include beauty - like gift sets, or cookware (and cooking accessories) and especially electronics, this is the best time of year to buy.
- The Thursday before Thanksgiving (this year it's 11/17) historically has some of the deepest discounts on beauty, as much as 70 percent off. Plus, you’ll see gift with purchases and lots of free samples, so definitely take advantage!
- Cookware we see similar savings of about 20% off.
TIP 4: Know the Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals
- BIG SAVINGS on electronics like TV’s and computers. You’ll see deals up to 40% off.
- You’ll see massive deals on laptops, in particular, this holiday season at all the biggest retailers.
TIP 5: Wait until December to buy toys
- If you wait until December, you’ll start to see toys go on sale.
- I don’t recommend waiting though, b/c hot toys tend to sell out fast, so it’s a risk! Generally, we see toy discounts as deep as 20-25% off.
TIP 6: Take advantage of layaway
- Many stores these days offer interest free payment plans and it’s a great way to manage your money. Not to mention, it’s great for space saving, too!
- Pick up your items closer to the holiday and you don’t have to store or hide them in your house.
Follow Retail Me Not on Twitter: @retailmenot
Copyright 2016 FOX 11 Los Angeles : Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid – download the Fresco News App today.