LOS ANGELES, Calif. (FOX 11) - While holiday shopping madness can bring stress, it can also be one of the most thrilling times of the year—if you know where to shop and what to buy!
Several categories hit their lowest discount prices during November, especially between Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Don’t sleep through the rest of the month, because there are deals to be had every single day.
What to buy this month:
1) Winter Apparel, Accessories and Shoes
- As the most heavily shopped month of the year, November offers shoppers some of the deepest discounts on winter clothing, shoes and accessories.
- With Black Friday and Cyber Monday on the horizon, several retailers are making room for newer inventory and seasonal items.
- The best time to buy in these particular categories are the 10 days leading to Cyber Monday.
- Kohl’s: Up to 50% off sweaters, tops and tees for the whole family
- Foot Locker: 20% off select shoes, apparel and more
- Macy’s: Extra 20% off Select Cold Weather Clothing & Accessories for Him & Her // Up to 50% off New Markdown handbags & accessories
- Holiday gatherings and entertaining are taking center stage.
- With the seasonal cheer comes the necessity to stock up on cookware and kitchen items.
- Thanksgiving and holiday sales offer the deepest and most frequent discounts in the coming weeks. Surprise your in-laws with your gifted cooking skills this year and score some savings at the following stores.
- Sears: 10% off all slow cookers
- Bed Bath and Beyond: Up to $50 off select CuisinArt cookware
- JCPenney: Up to 60% off all slow cookers
- The craziest shopping holiday of the year brings the deepest discounts on large electronic purchases, from TV sets and cameras to phones and tablets.
- Shoppers will want to take advantage of these big-ticket items and get up to 40% off laptops, tablets and electronic accessories and more.
- Best Buy: Up to 50% off the hottest tech deals
- Amazon: Up to 50% off top electronics
- A new season doesn't just signal a new wardrobe, it also calls for a full beauty revamp.
- Cosmetic stores will be making room for new holiday sets and seasonal product launches.
- And much like the clothing and accessories categories, retailers will want to clear the shelves to make room for new inventory.
- Ulta: Up to 70% off sale and free standard ground shipping on items on $50+
- Sephora: Up to 50% off the big beauty sale
What not to buy this month:
Hold off on any jewelry purchases until the new year. While jewelry is a hot-ticket item for the holidays, January brings savings in the form of Valentine’s Day discounts.
Toys are not usually at their lowest price point during November. Retailers create a sense of urgency to purchase new toy arrivals early, because hot items may not be available later on, but the best deals typically occur during the first two weeks of December.
More at RetailMeNot.com.