Thanksgiving Dinner is one of the tastiest—and least healthy meals of the year. The holidays are a time for celebration, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be nutritious.
What if you had a doctor helping you make smart decisions?
Each year, St. Joseph Health—one of the nation’s largest healthcare providers—partners with Ralph’s and Food 4 Less locations to send doctors into those markets all month long to help shoppers make healthier choices for the holidays.
The program is, “Shop With Your Doc” and this morning, Dr. Regina C.K. stopped by with some easy swaps for a healthier thanksgiving meal.
- Mashed potatoes = Cauliflower mash
- Traditional herb stuffing = Wild rice stuffing with pecans, pears, raisins, and cranberries
- Traditional herb stuffing = Roasted Brussel sprouts with toasted panko breadcrumbs
- Creamed spinach = green beans with pecans and maple
- Canned cranberry sauce = Homemade cranberry sauce
- Whipped cream = vegan coconut whipped cream
- Candied sweet potatoes = roasted butternut squash
- Store bought pie = homemade
For more info: StJosephHoagHealth.org
Copyright 2016 FOX 11 Los Angeles : Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid – download the Fresco News App today.