We're doing some major haircuts for a really good cause today. All of these women & girls are here to donate at least 8 inches of their hair to the ‘Beautiful Lengths’ program, which turns it into free wigs for women undergoing Breast Cancer Treatment.
Katherine row from the American Cancer Society is here. They've partnered with Pechanga Resort & Casino to give free cuts to any who donates their hair this month.
“Beautiful Lengths” Program through Pechanga Resort & Casino
- These hair donations are going to a program called “Beautiful Lengths”. The program makes the hair donations into wigs and gives them free of charge to women undergoing breast cancer treatment.
- Viewers have a chance to help AND receive a free haircut and style this October.
- Just like the ladies on set, viewers – men or women – who are willing to cut and donate 8 or more inches will receive a free haircut and style from Spa Pechanga at Pechanga Resort & Casino in Temecula.
- American Cancer Society reps will tell you 1 in 8 women will be affected by some kind of breast cancer in her life. We hear stories about awareness and getting mammograms… when someone is battling breast cancer, however, the effects can be emotional. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause you to lose your hair, eyelashes, eyebrows… and maybe you need to have a mastectomy on top of that?! Those things about yourself that make you look like a woman aren’t there anymore and it can be hard to feel pretty on the outside.
- If these hair donations can make someone going through the fight of her life feel a little more normal, it’s worth it.