LOS ANGELES, Calif. (FOX 11) - Chef Jernard Wells, also known as "The Chef of Love," is a Food Network star and two-time winner on "Cutthroat Kitchen."
He joined us on Good Day LA with a delicious blackened salmon recipe and to talk about his latest project -- a relationship book!
Chef of Love's Honey Lemon Pepper Salmon (Serves 4)
Ingredients for Salmon:
1 tablespoon sweet smoky paprika
3 Tablespoons LeChef Amore's Haute Cuisine Lemon Pepper
2 tablespoon Honey
1 teaspoons Sea salt
1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
4 fresh salmon fillets (4-6 oz)
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 sprigs thyme
Mango Salsa for Garnish
3 mangos, peeled and diced
1/2 Tomato Diced
1/2 red onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
1/2 red bell pepper, diced (about 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 jalapeno, diced (about 2 tablespoons)
salt as needed
- Mix together the spices to create the Lemon Pepper blacken seasoning.
- Brush the fillets on both sides with olive oil.Dredge the fillets in the seasoning. Use your fingers to rub excess seasoning on all sides of the fillets.
- Melt the butter in a cast iron or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a splash of olive oil to prevent the butter from burning.
- Add the fillets, then the spring of thyme and garlic. The thyme should sizzle! Cook the fillets 3-4 minutes until blackened, spooning the butter over the top of each fillet (basting).
- Carefully flip and cook another 3-4 minutes, while basting, until the fish can easily flake with a fork. Cooking times with vary depending on the size of your fillet. When finished, squeeze over the juice from a fresh lemon. Keep the salmon warm in the butter until serving. Serve with mango salsa.