LOS ANGELES, Calif. (FOX 11) - Los Angeles Times The Taste returns this Labor Day weekend, Aug. 31 – Sept. 2, taking place on the Paramount Studios backlot with a weekend of small bites and drinks from more than 100 chefs, restaurants and bars.
Four participating restaurants joined us on Good Day LA for a Foodie Friday preview:
Details and tickets: latimes.com/TheTaste. Connect on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @ TheTasteLA (#TasteLA)
Nerano – Chef Michele Lisi
• Nerano, a fine-dining Italian restaurant in Beverly Hills inspired by the Amalfi Coast
• Chef Michele Lisi, an Italian chef from Locorotondo, a small town in Puglia, helms the kitchen at Nerano which showcases simply prepared modern southern Italian dishes
• Follow on Instagram at @Neranobh
Prawn – Chef Mark Peel
• Prawn is a gourmet fast-casual seafood concept by Chef Mark Peel
• With locations in Grand Central Market and Pasadena, Prawn offers a menu with abundant fresh seafood and market fresh produce, and inventive seafood-forward dishes that showcase the ingredients in a casual setting
• Chef Peel has left his indelible mark on places such as Ma Maison, Michael’s, Chez Panisse, and Spago co-founded La Brea Bakery and his award-winning restaurant, Campanile, a staple Los Angeles culinary destination for more than two decades
• Follow on Instagram at @prawncoastal
Granville – Executive Chef Glenda Galvan-Garcia
• Granville is a collection of modern-casual restaurants specializing in wholesome hand-crafted recipes and libations, with locations in Studio City, Burbank, Glendale, West Hollywood (Coming soon to Pasadena!)
• Granville believes great gourmet quality food should not only be approachable and accessible, but also affordable.
• Focused on gourmet quality food without being pretentious, Granville proudly uses only the freshest, highest quality ingredients, including hormone-free and antibiotic-free meats, organic greens, artisan cheeses and breads, as well as sustainable and organic coffee and espresso.
• Follow on Instagram at @granville
Winston Pies – Founder/CEO (and Chief Piesmith)
• Lawyer turned pie maker Brianna Abrams turned a passion into a career with the opening of Winston Pies (named for her hometown of Winston Salem, NC) in September of 2017 when she stepped away from the courtroom to spend her days running a small business based around her family’s history of gathering together to bake
• Relying on her tried and true all-butter crust pie recipes and a sharp business sense she has already carved a hugely successful space for herself as one of the few classic homemade pie shops in Los Angeles
• Currently in Brentwood, with a second store slated to open in September on West 3rd !
• Follow on social at @winstonpies