Tonight is the third night of Hanukkah, and we're learning to make latkes...
We have Akasha Richmond, the chef and owner of Sambar restaurant, who's partnered with Amelia Saltsman, the author of, ‘The Seasonal Jewish Kitchen, A Fresh Take On Tradition’ for a special festival dinner.
Recipes from Saltsman’s cookbook highlight the best of Southern California’s Seasonal Produce, she’s known as a Farmers Market expert.
Best potato latkes with Roasted smashed apples, Hearty Winter Slaw with Cabbage, Radicchio, Celery, and Pear with Meyer Lemon and Walnut Oil dressing
- Rustic Chopped Chicken Livers with Toasted Rye Bread and Celery and Parsley Side Salad
- Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash Latkes with Labneh and Smoky Harissa
- Whole Roast Chicken with tangerines, Green Olives and Silan (date syrup)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts and Pomegranate Molasses
- Tahini Butter Cookies
- Rustic Almond-Orange Macaroons
- Zengoula with Lemon Syrup: Iraqi Funnel Cakes
The special Hanukkah dinner menu is available at Sambar now.