He’s one of the world’s most recognized designers, known for his classic American style with a twist. Later tonight he’ll debut his Spring 2017 collection here on Venice Beach. Tommy Hilfiger stopped by Good Day LA for a sneak peek.
TOMMYNOW is going to Venice Beach, L.A. (February 8 @ 5:00pm) & the 3000 person event is inspired by the ultimate west coast music festival (“TOMMYLAND”)
- 2,000 consumer tickets to the show were reserved within the first 24 hours that they were available.
Gigi Hadid will once again headline the show as our global women’s ambassador. The Spring 2017 collections, including the TommyXGigi collection designed in collaboration with Hadid, will launch on the runway and be immediately shoppable across all global channels.
Collection Inspiration: “Summer of Love”
- Celebrates 1960s love and liberation with a modern-day twist.
- The signature look is about joy and free-spirited optimism.
- Washed denim patchworks, sun-washed palettes and utilitarian details are inspired by the carefree beaches of Southern California.
The February show fuses Tommy’s love of fashion, art, music and entertainment with performances and installations that celebrate L.A.’s spirit and culture. Elements of the show include:
- Pop up shops featuring the TommyXGigi product
- Rides – Kamikaze & Landslide
- Smorgasbord L.A. food trucks & customized Lolipop bar
- Graffiti Muralists
- Venice Beach Roller-skaters & Skateboarders
- Street Acrobats
- Street Musicians: Guitarists, Drum Circle, Piano Player
- Fire Acts: Dancers, Jugglers
- PLUS: Two very special musical performances
You can still be a part of the show by tuning into the livestream on Tommy.com or following along on one of our social channels.
Follow Tommy Hilfiger on Twitter: @TommyHilfiger.
Copyright 2017 FOX 11 Los Angeles : Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid – download the Fresco News App today.