If you're looking for gifts that do good this holiday, Katherine Schwarzenegger is here with some of the ethical brands committed to giving back, conservation of the planet, and artisan craftsmanship.
Gift 1: NKLA x ColourPop Collaboration
- ColourPop is giving back with the launch of two new cruelty free shadows and all proceeds will go to Best Friends Animal Society, the only national organization dedicated to ending the killing of dogs and cats in America's shelters
- Through Best Friends Animal Society's No-Kill LA initiative, they're working to make LA a no-kill city by 2017
- Cat Nap is an icy rose gold shadow drizzled with pink and silver glitter in a metallic finish
- Puppy Love is a soft peach shadow with pink and gold due chrome in a pearlized finish
Gift 2: PBteen Party Dogs Pillow Covers
- These adorable Party Dogs Pillow Covers add a cute accent to your room, plus a portion of proceeds go directly to the ASPCA to support animals in need across America and find their forever homes.
- These pillows are part of PBteen's "Gifts That Give Back" charity shop, which features an assortment of products created by the brand's long-standing collaborators including ASPCA, Emily + Meritt, Junk Gypsy, Kelly Slater, Lennon & Maisy, Meg “May Baby” DeAngelis, NBA, NHL and St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital.
- Select items from each collaborators' collection have been added to the charity shop with 25% of proceeds being donated to the charity of their choice.
- All can be purchased at PBteen stores nationwide and online at PBteen.com
Social Media: @PBteen
Gift 3: Cotton On Foundation
Very affordable gifts that give back
The Cotton On Foundation is the Cotton On Group’s philanthropic arm, focused on developing and supporting projects in Southern Uganda and others globally, through a unique partnership with customers and employees.
- Cotton On Foundation began on November 2007, in Mannya village, Uganda, which was known to be an area rife with HIV/AIDS and deemed “Mission Impossible” by its locals. Mannya had a lack of education, basic infrastructure and healthcare facilities which led to a village in desperate need of a helping hand.
- What started as a simple donation to complete a healthcare center in a small African village was to be a life-changing partnership for the people of Southern Uganda and the Cotton On Foundation.
- Cotton On has over 1,000 stores globally, and 100% of the proceeds of the Cotton On Foundation products go back to support projects globally.
- The funding model is in partnership with their customers
- Cotton On Group is the only retailer globally that has NGO set up on the ground.
- Cotton On Foundation’s mission is to establish 20,000 educational places across Southern Uganda by 2020.
Social Media: @cottononfoundation
Gift 4: St. Frank
- St. Frank provides quality jobs and harnesses the power of the business model to create social change which means more dollars per purchase actually goes to people living in under-resourced settings
- Each artisan is paid a fair wage and receives other holistic supports. St. Frank is a giving back brand that changes the lives their artisans from around the world
- San Francisco-based home décor brand the sources goods from artisans around the world
Social Media: @stfranktextiles
Skull Ornaments: http://shop.stfrank.com/products/ornaments-set-of-four
Mixed Ornaments: http://shop.stfrank.com/products/mixed-ornaments-set-of-four
Baby Alpaca Throws: http://shop.stfrank.com/products/baby-alpaca-throw-blue-charcoal (multiple colors)
Indigo Dots Tray: http://shop.stfrank.com/products/indigo-dots-tray-large
Mud ClothTray: http://shop.stfrank.com/products/mud-cloth-tray-large
Mud ClothTray: http://shop.stfrank.com/products/mud-cloth-tray-standard
Peace Coasters: http://shop.stfrank.com/products/peace-coasters-black
Gift 5: LXMI
- Launched Pure Nilotica Melt & Crème Du Nil at the end of September.
- LXMI is proven to restore skin elasticity, smooth visible fine lines and help clear spots without any chemicals.
- LXMI is sourced from the rare Nilotica nut in Uganda and enables producers to earn at least 3x the local living wages.
- LXMI believes that fair-wage, dignified work elevates our end product, creating a higher level of luxury for discerning consumers.
- Better than charity, these living wages help chip away at some of the world’s most serious problems, from childhood malnutrition to human trafficking.
- Social Media: @lxmiofficial
LXMI Crème Du Nil: http://lxmi.com/collections/all/products/creme-du-nil?variant=22051803332
Gift 6: Toms
- TOMS offers brand new, made-to-order shoes in a variety of styles to meet the needs of the children their Giving Partners serve.
- TOMS Eyewear purchases help restore sight to an individual through sight-saving surgery, prescription glasses or medical treatment.
- TOMS was founded in 2006, after founder Blake Mycoskie was traveling in Argentina, and he witnessed the hardships faced by children growing up without shoes.
- He started TOMS with the One-for-One giving platform, in that for each pair of shoes purchased, the company would donate a new pair of shoes to a child in need.
- Since their inception TOMS has expanded from shoe wear into eyewear, bags, and coffee – with each category providing a different One-for-One giving component.
- The company celebrated their tenth anniversary this year, and so far has provided over 60 million pairs of shoes to children, helped restore sight to over 400,000 people, helped provide over 335,000 weeks of safe water, and has supported safe birth services for over 25,000 mothers.
Social Media: @toms #OneforOne
Birch Critters Canvas Women’s Classics: http://www.toms.com/featured-shops/birch-critters-canvas-womens-classic-alpargatas
Forged Iron Grey Suede Textile Mix Women’s Nepal Boots: http://www.toms.com/women/forged-iron-grey-suede-textile-mix-womens-nepal-boots
Traveler Florentin Matte Ombre: http://www.toms.com/women/traveler-by-toms-florentin-matte-ombre
Sandela 201 Mojito: http://www.toms.com/women/sandela-201-mojito-sunglasses
Red Black Plaid Men’s Classics: http://www.toms.com/men/red-black-plaid-mens-classics
Black Teal Tribal Wool Berkeley: http://www.toms.com/men/black-teal-tribal-wool-mens-berkeley-slippers
Dalston Matte Honey Tortoise: http://www.toms.com/men/traveler-by-toms-dalston-matte-honey-tortoise
Barron Vintage Crystal: http://www.toms.com/men/barron-vintage-crystal-sunglasses
Black Sparkle Knit Women’s House Slippers: http://www.toms.com/women/black-sparkle-knit-womens-house-slippers
Copyright 2016 FOX 11 Los Angeles : Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid – download the Fresco News App today.