LOS ANGELES, Calif. (FOX 11) - Making a fabulous first impression is crucial to landing your dream job. Style expert Robby LaRiviere joined us on Good Day LA teach you how to elevate your look and be the best version of you, so you can nail that job interview!
Transform your basic black interview dress from "tired" to "HIRED!" It's all in the accessories, ladies!
• Add a pop of print with a chic tailored blazer - TESORO COLLECTIVE, tesorocollective.com (under $80)
• Ditch the flats for block heels - the boost in height will (literally) elevate your confidence - KENNETH COLE, kennethcole.com (under $200)
• Keep jewelry understated, focus on (1) statement like a great drop earring or hoop - BAUBLE BAR, baublebar.com (under $40)
A sleek, polished 'do will help you feel (and look) the part of a perfect candidate. This is not the time for beachy bedhead, ladies! Opt for smooth strands pulled back from your face to project a professional demeanor.
• Use a smoothing spray and straightening iron to tame your mane and add a healthy sheen NICK CHAVEZ, nickchavezbeverlyhills.com ($19 - $45)
• Twist portions half up, for an easy updo that looks work-appropriate, yet fresh
Put your best face forward with clean, natural makeup. If you're normally a cat-eye and contour gal - now is the time to tone it down! If you never wear makeup, consider a few easy multi-taskers to enhance your best features.
• Choose a tinted moisturizer with SPF to even out skin tone and combat oily zones - NARS Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30, narscosmetics.com ($45)
• Use a multi-purpose stick to give cheeks, eyes, and lips and healthy tint - NARS The Multiple Stick, narscosmetics.com ($39.00)
• Rather trust your face to a pro? You can go into the NARS boutique in West Hollywood to get pre makeup ahead of your job interview! (Located at 8412 Melrose Avenue)