Summer has officially started and while the temperatures continue to rise, some may be taking advantage of some vacation time and getting out of town.
According to a recent survey by RetailMeNot, 22% of people plan to spend more than $1500 on Spring or Summer travel, up from an average of $1,153 last year.
The survey also showed that the top 5 essential items to purchase before a spring vacation are snacks (62%), clothing and footwear (60%), sunscreen (56%), toiletries (55%) and a camera (38%).
Regardless of your travel plans, leaving town can be hectic, especially with friends and family. Sara Skirboll of RetailMeNot joined us on Good Day LA with deals on summer must haves!
· Traveling with young kids can be tough but this stroller by BabyZen makes it easier. The French stroller brand recently launched a collaboration with Air France called the “YoYo”
· Priced at $499, this stroller is super compact and perfect for traveling. It is the first stroller accepted as carry-on cabin luggage on board Air France and it’s so easy that it will become an essential accessory for all of your trips
· DEAL: Find this at Amazon where right now, shoppers can get Up to 50% Off Today's Top Deals on other similar items across the board
· Create your own movie theater wherever you go with this 3 inch portable smart projector, which is $356. It projects images over 12 feet in HD with no connection to a computer or wall outlet
· Stream your favorite shows with access to Amazon Prime, Netflix or YouTube
· You can control the size of the screen which makes this the perfect item for Family nights, sleepovers, car or airplane travel and camping
· DEAL: You can also find this item at Amazon and like I mentioned, they have a great offer of Up to 50% Off Today's Top Deals right now
· Comfort is everything on a flight - long or short. Yoga pants are great to wear on plane but these ones are a must-have to stay comfortable on a dime.
· Shop these various styles and colors at Yummie.com for as low as $38
· Make sure to capture all of the precious moments with family this summer with this Sunny Life underwater camera
· For just $14.99, this waterproof camera can capture moments as deep as 2 Meters underwater and comes with a strap and colorful pattern
· DEAL: Snag this at Saks Off Fifth which is offering up to $20 Cash Back right now
· Make everyday a good hair day regardless of your travel schedule. No more hotel blow dryers or being stuck without one - and with wet hair. This ultimate travel-dryer gives the DryBar blow out on the go
· Priced at $135 and weighing less than a pound, it easily folds into a compact size to fit into any suitcase
· Don’t let its size fool you, as this dryer has been tested to deliver 100% of the power/performance of most professional and full-size hair dryers
· DEAL: Shop this at Sephora where you can score $5 cash back on purchases $75+ (can be used online and in-store with app In-store Cash Back)
6. Verizon Hum
· Being on the road can be scary, regardless if it’s for work or pleasure, but there are some great items out there to remain safe. Turn any old clunker into a more connected car with Hum by Verizon because when it comes to your car, you can never know too much
· This connected car system provides drivers with key information and lets drivers stay in touch with emergency services and loved ones on the road via the downloadable app on any smartphone
· Key features include: mechanics hotline, vehicle diagnostics, emergency assistance, speed/boundary alerts, stolen vehicle assistance
· Travelers on the road can shop this product at Verizon for $29.99 and activate their subscription of $10 per month
· DEAL: Shoppers can get up to 50% off accessories at Verizon right now
· Save money on dry cleaning and pack a steamer. This product uses dual heat technology that provides faster, hotter steam for better results
· Under $30, the Conair ExtremeSteam heats up in just 75 seconds and even kills dust mites and bugs
· DEAL: Shoppers can find this at Target which has great offers right now: Up to 25% Off Decor & More at Home Sale
For all upcoming summer travel plans, head to RetailMeNot: