(FOX 11) - Orange County-based garden guru and style-maker, Molly Wood of Molly Wood Garden Design, is sharing with us simple, easy, no stress holiday tabletop ideas that will last long after the holiday dinners are over.
• The best part – every item shown on this gorgeous table can be found or foraged – or purchased at your local grocery store!
• Why make two - or even three trips for décor items and florals - when you can pick everything up – and your holiday dinner ingredients – all in the same place!
• These ideas are colorful, easy, and get the whole family involved.
Found or foraged (since not everyone has a bountiful backyard – these are easy 'finds' on a walk around your neighborhood)
• Molly incorporates garland down the middle of the table: 'found' pinecones, berries, clippings from Christmas tree (trim up tree when you get it – cut branches from bottom/thin it out – greens can go in a vase or down center of the table – at the tree lot they throw away clippings – ask for clippings for your table)
Grocery Store finds: down the middle of table and on place settings
• Gorgeous pomegranates OR red apples in a bowl to add color to the table. The pinkish red orbs paired with greenery add a pop of color to any table. You can also cut these open and eat after the party’s over!
• Another way to add color and make the house smell delicious - spiced orange pomander balls - using oranges and cloves. Poke a row of holes in the orange with a toothpick and push the cloves into the pre-made holes. So easy!
• Mason jar candleholders - add walnuts, hazelnuts and cranberries, and then add in a tapered candle in the middle. Colorful and fun! Mason jars can be found in most grocery stores these days.
• Herbs and veggie plants (with roots still on)– wrap the herbs or veggies in brown paper bag and make an easy place setting that guests can take home
• Deconstruct a store-bought bouquet to make smaller arrangements for the table – make these arrangements go a long way using smaller vases but a big impact!
• Take your table to New Years with easy touches – just add some silver or gold and voila – NYE ready
• If you’re in the Orange County area this week, stop by Molly Wood Garden Design in Costa Mesa for last minute gifts, living arrangements and entertainment essentials — all inspired by nature and with a coastal vibe.
• Molly Wood Garden Design also makes tabletop décor a cinch with grab and go garlands, magnolia wreaths, holiday greenery and so much more.
For more information please visit mollywoodgardendesign.com