LOS ANGELES (FOX 11) - Tracy O’Connor (@ClubTracy) stopped by to help us celebrate Earth Day with the latest in eco-friendly beauty products.
1) RUNA: Tagline = the “Clean, energy drink.” YES!! Honestly--- it is! Most energy drinks are so sugary and just – horrible. But sometimes we need to buy our energy. RUNA’s main ingredient is a natural leaf called guyasa. It has much caffeine as coffee – and twice the # of polyphenols as green tea.
·It is ethically harvested, supports reforestation in Ecuadorian Amazon and has created alternative incomes for those previously logging the Amazon. More on Clean Energy here!
2) Babyganics: Earth-friendly way to clean whole family’s laundry. They have non-toxic laundry detergents you can check out, but one of their coolest and original products?
·Wool dryer balls = are totally natural and cut drying time by 25%! (Saves time, electricity) and also helps soften clothes without all the nasty chemical ingredients that so many of us are sensitive or allergic. (including me!). Read about the Dryer Balls!
3) Tracy DIY Beauty – DIY Dry Shampoo: Most on the market are full of chemicals… also a lot of DIY use Baking Soda – but that is bad – a no/no. Baking soda’s pH is way too high and can disrupt the health of the scalp, which is acidid, about 4.4-5.4. Recipe:
·Arrowroot powder, which is neutral pH
·Raw Cacao powder, slightly acidic
·Drop of essential oil of your choosing, vanilla, mint, your choice!
4) 100% Pure: Line of organic skincare and cosmetics. I ADORE these water bomb face masks. Yes you look like Jason meets a fruit roll up -- but they are super hydrating, relaxing and they have these cute little holes so you can put them on and watch your favorite TV show. Treat all different skin types. Lay in your backyard on a blanket watch shooting stars!
·All proceeds of sales today – Earth Day – are going towards a Clean Water Fund for Flint. More about 100% Pure Masks here!
5) WOODZEE Sunglasses: Hi Quality, Wooden sunglasses and glasses crafted from natural and renewable sources.
·They plant a tree for every pair sold – AND if you recycle your old shades with them, you can buy a new pair for 40% off. Sexy Eco-Shades here!
6) Kensington Apothecary: What’s cool about this brand, modernizes traditional British and European skincare recipes from the Renaissance through the Victorian era.
·100% natural formulations, smell heavenly and have full disclosure ingredient lists. More about the Kensington Collection!
7) Pura Naturals: Very cool cleansing sponges. The facial sponges are made from natural, plant-based materials infused with non-toxic cleansing, moisturizing and natural anti-bacterial ingredients. Naturally exfoliate without synthetic beads, etc.
·Have baby cleansing sponges and a variety of different face and body sponges. Natural, Eco-Sponges Here!
8) Boll & Branch: A home and bedding brand… now offers a collection of beautiful, 100% organic cotton towels, undied – in their natural state -- using ethically sourced cotton: their Natural Bath Towel Collection.
·And get this… they are the ONLY fair trade certified textile company in the World. ($12-$14) Fair Trade Organic Towels Here!
9) My MAGIC MUD: is a completely natural teeth whitener that also mineralizes your teeth and promotes optimal oral health. It’s approved by holistic dentists all over the country.
-My Magic Mud is the first whitener to use activated charcoal and calcium bentonite clay. Product lab tested to ensure that’s it’s gentle on the enamel, and it’s simply the safest way to whiten. Detox Tooth Powder!
Copyright 2016 FOX 11 Los Angeles: Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid – download the Fresco News App today.