Concept: How to throw a party for Super Bowl 50! Team spirited décor and a buffet display table with easy grab-and-go food that isn’t your typical Super Bowl party fare. Your guests will love it!!
Team Tables: A successful homegating party starts great food, drinks and décor! Make it fun, delicious and show your team spirit by setting up two tables, each representing one of the teams. Decorate each table with different colors, different foods , signature drinks and DIY surprises! It’ll be fun to see which tables your guest choose!!
Food & Drinks: Offer food stations that get your guests involved
- Souper-Bowl soup station with lots of toppings makes for a delicious meal,
- Grill Cheese Sandwich bar with panini press gives you lots of options to an old school classic.
- Football shaped deserts and treats
- Signature drinks with team color ice cubes and game day themed drinks with the Painkiller or the Chillax… select your drink based on how your team is doing!!
Décor: Table cloths in team colors, team colors for plates, napkins, straws, etc., astro turf accents in bowls and sandwich boats, team logged items, stickers and washy tape so guests can customize and show their team allegiance. Custom “printable “football themed games and scoring paddles add to the fun..
- Relax: a bingo style game that lets you play along while watching the game! .
- Jump into the Football Pool: a fun game that lets you guess the scores at every quarter.
- Rate the Super Bowl; Commercials: watching the commercials is part of the Super Bowl fun! Fun paddles for guest to use to score these super—Super Bowl commercials!
Tommy Bahama Island Grille Newport Beach
Corona del Mar Plaza
854 Avocado Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92660
For more stores visit: www.tommybahama.com
Chicken Tortilla Soup
makes 4 Servings
¼ cup Green Bell Peppers, Small Diced 2/3 cup Yellow Onion, Small Diced
1¼ tbls Garlic, Puree
¼ cup Olive Oil 1 Tbsp Butter
1 cup Flour
½ cup Yellow Corn Tortillas, ground fine
½ tsp Chili Powder 1 tsp Cumin
¼ tsp Black Pepper, Course Ground
½ tsp Kosher Salt
¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
¾ cup Water
¼ cup Chicken Base
1 tbsp Cilantro, Fresh Chopped
8 oz Chicken Breast, Cooked & diced
- Cut tortillas into small strips and pulse in batches in food processor to grind fine. Set aside.
- Melt butter and oil in a large soup pot on a medium flame.
- Add garlic and vegetables, sauté until all are light brown. DO NOT BURN.
- While vegetables are cooking mix together flour, ground tortillas, chili powder, cumin, kosher salt, cayenne and black pepper.
- Add this mix to the sautéed vegetables and mix in well with a wire whip, add cilantro.
- Cook for 10-12 mins, constantly mixing and scraping sides. Cook to a toasted graham cracker look.
- Blend chicken base and water, mix until the entire base is dissolved.
- Slowly add to vegetable mixture a little at a time. Simmer 40 mins. Do not let soup boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
- Puree until smooth
- Add diced chicken and serve