LOS ANGELES, Calif. (FOX 11) - Los Angeles-based health and wellness expert AD Dolphin has helped celebrities like Beyonce and Anthony Anderson lose weight and has appeared on the Steve Harvey Show.
He joined us on Good Day LA to share his five tips for keeping the pounds off during the holiday season.
1: Do a cleanse.
2: Holiday pre-game (eat a healthy snack beforehand)
3: Use a smaller dessert plat
4: Limit liquid calories
5: Eat raw
Watch the full video above!
Holiday Waistline Smoothie
1 1/2 cup of almond milk
2 cups of kale
2 cups of spinach
1/2 of a medium avocado
2 frozen bananas
1 teaspoon of grated ginger (fresh)
1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds
1 tablespoon of agave nectar
3 bowel motion capsules
Put all of the ingredients together into a blender and blend until it is your desired texture. This will probably take one to two minutes, depending on your blender.
• Kales low calorie density can help you lose weight because it helps you feel full before you have eaten too many calories.
• The dietary fiber in kale helps reduce hunger and aids in weight control.
• Kale supports detoxification.
• 1 cup of spinach has 200 percent of your vitamin K daily requirement. Vitamin K helps your bones absorb calcium.
• Spinach has large amounts of folic acid, manganese, magnesium, iron, vitamin A and vitamin C.
• Spinach is a food source for quercetin, a strong antioxidant that can prevent arteries from being clogged.
• Spinach is an anti-inflamatory.
• Avocados can help increase your feelings of satisfaction and fullness.
• Avocados are a good source of vitamins B6, C, E and K
• Avocados are high in fiber, which can have various important benefits for weight loss and metabolic health.
• Bananas are rich in fiber, antioxidants and several nutrients.
• Bananas are low in calories and may have appetite-reducing effects
• Bananas may help relieve muscle cramps caused by exercise.
• Bananas provide excellent fuel for endurance exercise.
• Ginger causes a thermogenic effect, which promotes metabolism and burns more calories.
• Ginger promotes the production of bile and may stimulate the production of gastric juices, both of which enhance digestion and make more energy available to burn.
• Being high in dietary fiber, chia seeds benefits bowel regularity and healthy stool.
• Chia curbs hunger and suppresses appetite, which can also lead to weight loss.
• Chia seeds create a gelatin-like substance in the stomach. This gel can work as a prebiotic that supports the growth of probiotics in the gut.