The presidential campaign is finally over. It's all up to the voters now. Will it be close? Will it be a landslide? Who will be the next president? It was a manic Monday for the Clinton and Trump camps. Trump and Mike Pence held nine rallies yesterday.
Between Clinton, President Obama, the First Lady, Vice President Biden, Al Gore and Tim Kaine...they held 16 events.
Tonight…both teams are preparing for victory parties. Here to weigh in is the Lt. Governor of California - Gavin Newsom.
Prop 64 is the marijuana legalization initiative.
A ‘yes’ vote means legalizing recreational pot for those 21 years or older.
A ‘no’ vote means growing, having and using for non-medical purpose would remain illegal.
Argument for responsible use of pot:
- Generate tax revenue
- Decrease law enforcement costs
- Decrease black market
Arguments against Prop 64
- More impaired driving
- Allow pot growing near schools
- Pot smoking ads on TV
- Hurt underprivileged neighborhoods
Proposition 63: This measure is about firearms and ammunition sales.
A ‘yes’ vote means that certain buyers must pass a background check to own firearms.
A ‘no’ vote means that no new firearm or ammunition related requirements would be implemented.
Arguments for Prop 63:
- Background checks for gun purchases
- Keep guns out of wrong hands
- Protect right of responsible gun owners
- Address issue of illegally armed felons
Arguments against Prop 63
- Burden law-abiding gun owners
- Would not keep terrorists from getting firearms
- Divert resources away from law enforcement.
Copyright 2016 FOX 11 Los Angeles : Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid – download the Fresco News App today.