LOS ANGELES, Calif. (FOX 11) - A new procedure called 'micro-needling' helps reduce wrinkles, fades scars and gives you a plump, dewy look.
Dr. Lisa Chipps gave a demonstration of the process on Good Day LA.
EndyMed radiofrequency (RF) technology tightens and firms the skin by stimulating the body’s collagen renewal process. The RF targets the dermal layer in the skin and with only a few short treatments (usually 4-6), sagging and wrinkled skin is replaced with smoother, tighter skin as well as improved skin tone and texture. The results are long-lasting, meaning that the body continues to rejuvenate collagen and results gradually increase to a maximum visible effect at 3-6 months after the last treatment is done.
Intensif provides the only mechanized, shock-free needle insertion that physicians can completely control, including needle depth, allowing for 5 times deeper treatments than fractional lasers and 3 times faster treatments than other needle technologies available today. This eliminates human error or pressing too hard in one area to another so the treatment is uniformed and the results will be consistent.
Here are some perks of the procedure:
1. No pain – Nobody wants to feel pain when trying to correct an issue or self-improve their appearance, especially in sensitive areas such as the face.
2. Minimal redness post-procedure – Max 12-24 hours where before it would be 5/7 days
3. Minimal downtime – Which means it doesn’t disrupt your life, so you can go about your normal things and people will only see the positive difference – you have even have it done in your lunch break and head straight back to the office.
4. No hyperpigmentation – Due to Intensif being able to treat all skin types even tanned skin, you won’t end up with different tones across untreated and treated skin.
5. No scarring or bleeding – Due to the gold-plated, tapered micro-diameter needles no scarring occurs, so again you are left with people only seeing the positive results.
How long does a treatment take? 30/45 minutes, which means the treatment can be done on your lunch break.
How much does it cost? The price for a series of 6 treatments can typically range from $1,500 to $2,500 ($250 to $550 per treatment without series discount). The average price for the series is around $180 or $300 per treatment.
More information can be found at endymed.com.
Copyright 2016 FOX 11 Los Angeles : Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid – download the Fresco News App today.