It's Cinco De Mayo, and who knows tradition better than Christy Vega, of Casa Vega restaurant. Christy's here to give us her secret recipe for their famous lobster and pickled jalapeno guacamole...
Lobster and Pickled Jalapeno Guacamole
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white onion, chopped
1 pickled jalapeño, minced
Squeeze of lime juice
Cilantro to taste
3/4 cup Main Lobster
Peel, pit and mash avocado. Season with salt and mash a little more.
Stir in onions, pickled jalapeños, lime juice and cilantro. Mix together. Gently fold in the lobster. Season to taste
· Website: www.casavega.com
· Facebook: www.facebook.com/casavegarestaurant.com
· Instagram: @casavegarestaurant
· Twitter: @therealcasavega
· Casa Vega is set to celebrate its 60th anniversary this year
· Owner Christy Vega, daughter of founder Rafael “Ray” Vega, has most recently been seen as a guest judge on “Guy’s Grocery Games” on the Food Network, among countless other appearances
· Casa Vega is known for its approachable and authentic Mexican cuisine
· Casa Vega is a hotspot for celebrities that enjoy the mouthwatering menu and strong cocktails presented in an intimate, and time-honored, dining room
· Casa Vega will be presenting a special Cinco de Mayo festivities inclusive of a special photo booth courtesy of Curevo 1800 Resposado Tequila, specialty cocktails, and their #TBT 60¢ taco promotion with purchase of Ray Vega’s namesake cocktail, The Boss Margarita
Copyright 2016 FOX 11 Los Angeles: Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid – download the Fresco News App today.