Herschel Walker is probably best known for his accomplishments on the football field…
At the University of Georgia he won the Heisman Trophy, and in the NFL, he played for the Cowboys, Vikings, Eagles, and Giants.
But he's also an undefeated mixed martial arts fighter.
Walker is promoting this Saturday’s big fight where Liam McGeary defends his title for the first time against MMA legend Tito Ortiz.
Fun facts about Hershel Walker
- Walker first hit the scenes at University of Georgia, where the 3-time All-American running back won the Heisman Trophy in '82
- Went on to play in the NFL for the Cowboys, Vikings, Eagles, & Giants
- Competed in the '92 Winter Olympics as a bobsledder
- Owns a massive chicken farm, employing hundreds
- He only eats one meal a day.
- Has never lifted a weight in his life.
- Walker started fighting MMA late in life, and went undefeated in 2 professional fights for STRIKEFORCE.
His story about joining MMA is pretty crazy. Scott Coker was approached with the idea, and met with Herschel to see where his commitment level was. Herschel moved from Texas to San Jose the next day, and lived in a hotel for 6 months. He trained at AKA every single day, and was the first person in and the last person out. He checked his ego at the door and mopped the mats. He became a fighter, and he's not done yet.
‘Bellator MMA: Dynamite’ airs live - for free, Saturday night, September 19th on Spike TV.
Follow Hershel Walker on Twitter: @HershelWalker