LOS ANGELES, CA (FOX 11) - Australian celebrity chef, author and TV personality Curtis Stone is back on Good Day LA, along with his wife, actress Lindsay Price. They made their favorite summertime dessert with the featured ingredient at Maude next month: Cherries!
You can follow Curtis on Facebook and Twitter.
If you want to make the Brookie Cherry Ice Cream Sandwich, here's the recipe:
Brookie Cherry Ice Cream Sandwiches
Prep Time: 20 minutes, plus 2 hours 30 minutes freezing time
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Make-Ahead: Brookies can be baked up to 1 day ahead, stored airtight at room temperature.
1/2 lb. fresh cherries, pitted, halved
2 tbs. granulated sugar
1 tbs. fresh lemon juice
4 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, softened
3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
4 large egg whites, room temperature
1/2 cup walnut pieces, coarsely chopped
Nonstick cooking spray
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cherries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice to a simmer, mashing cherries with a potato masher or fork to break them up. Simmer, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes, or until mixture thickens. Transfer to a shallow container, cover, and refrigerate until cold.
2. In a large chilled bowl, fold cherry mixture into Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream until blended. Cover and freeze for about 2 hours, or until firm.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, egg whites, and a pinch of salt. Using an electric hand mixer on low speed, beat for about 1 minute, or until just blended. Fold in walnuts.
5. Immediately drop 16 mounds of batter onto prepared baking sheets, spacing them evenly apart. Spray underside of a spoon with nonstick spray and spread mounds into 2 1/2-inch rounds. Bake for 10 to12 minutes, or until tops are shiny and cracked. Cool cookies completely.
6. Scoop Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream onto flat side of half of cookies. Place another cookie on top of ice cream and gently press down until ice cream has spread to edges. Return sandwiches to freezer for about 30 minutes to firm up and serve.