Hot Pursuit – Rotten at 6%
- Starring: Reese Witherspoon, Sophia Vergara, John Carroll Lynch
- Directed by: Anne Fletcher (Step Up, The Proposal, The Guilt Trip)
- An uptight and by-the-book cop (Reese Witherspoon) tries to protect the sexy and outgoing widow (Sofia Vergara) of a drug boss as they race through Texas, pursued by crooked cops and murderous gunmen.
- Critics hate it. The leads have chemistry, but the script is awful, and the movie is criminally unfunny. It feels too long at 87 minutes, and can't even meet the small goals it sets. I hated it.
- Starring: Jack Black, James Marsden, Kathryn Hahn, Jeffrey Tambor
- Directed by: Jarred Paul, Andrew Mogeul (Yes, Man)
- Dan (Black) travels to LA to convince Oliver (Marsden) to return for their 20th high school reunion, but something happens between them in LA that Dan never expected…
- Critics are split. This is another boundary-pushing performance from Jack Black (like Bernie) but some critics say that the film unsuccessfully tries to balance farce and drama.
- Starring: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Abigail Breslin, Joely Richardson
- Directed by: Henry Hobson
- When a deadly zombie virus sweeps the nation, a father will stop at nothing to save his infected daughter.
- Critics are split. Most everyone is impressed with the leads, and about half of them say it's an interesting, quiet take on the genre. The other half say it's too slow and doesn't deliver on the premise.
- Starring: Caroll Spinney, Frank Oz, Jim Henson
- Directed by: Chad N. Walker, Dave LaMattina
- A portrait of the puppeteer behind Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch. He's been playing these characters for 45 years, and it's taken him all over the world.
- Critics really like it. The movie may tip a little too far towards sentimentality, but it's still very interesting, and more than a little emotionally moving. I really liked it.
Connect with Atchity on Twitter @Matchity and on Google+.