Community Calendar Events for May 2018
Pet Safety and First Aid
Learn the basics of pet safety and first aid procedure, presented by the Emma Zen Foundation; what supplies to put in a pet-specific first aid kit; how to handle an injured pet; first aid concerns when traveling; and making a pre-determined disaster plan. Please leave your pets at home; this class is for their humans!
• West Hollywood Library, 625 N. San Vicente Boulevard., West Hollywood
• Tuesday, May 15; 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
• Admission: Free
• For more information, call (310) 652-5340 or visit www.weho.org
Senior Health Fair
The 17th Annual Senior Health Fair will feature demonstrations, health screenings and information from a variety of community organizations. Complimentary lunch provided.
• West Hollywood Community Center at Plummer Park, 7377 Santa Monica., West Hollywood
• Wednesday, May 16; 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
• For more information, call (323) 848-6820 or visit www.weho.org
Family Place Parent-Child Workshop
The West Hollywood Library is offering five sessions of play and learning during which resource professionals will be on hand to discuss topics such as early childhood literacy, nutrition, child development, speech, and hearing while you encourage your child to learn through play and art. This week speech/language pathologist Debra Samuels will discusss speech/language development. For children ages birth to 3 years accompanied by an adult.
• West Hollywood Library Community Meeting Room, 625 N. San Vicente Boulevard., West Hollywood
• Friday, May 18; 10:00 am – 11:00 am
• Admission: Free (Space is limited; Registration is required)
• For more information, call (310) 652-5340 or visit www.colapublib.org/libs/whollywood
Venice Family Clinic Art Walk & Auctions
Calling all art lovers! Venice Family Clinic presents its iconic and family-friendly 39th Art Walk & Auctions to support Venice Family Clinic’s mission to provide quality health care to people in need.
• Google's Venice Headquarters, 340 Main Street, Venice
• Sunday, May 20; 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
• Guests can enjoy free access to the city’s internationally-renowned art scene; all winning bids in the silent auction raise vital funds to support Venice Family Clinic patients' health care needs.
• For more information, https://theveniceartwalk.org/interactive-workshops
25th Annual KIDS OCEAN DAY Adopt-A-Beach Clean Up
Volunteers are needed to help thousands of Los Angeles-area students make a difference. The one-day cleanup event motivates the students of Los Angeles to care about their environment and involves them in community service, while instilling good habits and stewardship. Bringing Los Angeles school children to the beach helps put them in touch with nature, while challenging them to recycle, reduce litter and participate in cleaning up their environment.
• Dockweiler State Beach, 12501 Vista Del Mar; Playa del Rey
• Thursday, May 24; 9:00 am
• Admission: Free (Registration is required)
• For more information, http://kidsoceanday.org/volunteer