COOK YOUR BUTT OFF!
Lose Up to a Pound a Day with Fat-Burning Foods and Gluten-Free Recipes by #1 New York Times Bestselling Author Rocco DiSpirito
Highly acclaimed author and James Beard Award winning chef Rocco DiSpirito is debuting a new book to help readers drop pounds fast while eating deliciously: COOK YOUR BUTT OFF! Lose Up to a Pound a Day with Fat-Burning Foods and Gluten-Free Recipes. Turn the kitchen into your gym! Rocco's cook to burn approach is designed to help readers burn calories and lose weight while they cook. Further, Rocco helps readers stay ahead of their calorie intake by cooking healthy and delicious dishes designed to burn more calories than some of the recipes even contain. That's right—for the first time, Rocco turns dinnertime into workout time, showing how to burn calories automatically in the kitchen.
COOK YOUR BUTT OFF! includes 75 healthy and delicious recipes and his 14 day plan, composed of exciting strategies:
• Cook and Burn Calories: Turn your kitchen into a gym
• Choose foods that burn fat naturally (through Rocco's Super 5 Fat-Burn Food Selections)
• Cook Fresh, Stay Lean: Avoid impure, fat promoting food
The easy-to-follow recipes incorporate 5 Fat Burners which boost metabolism and promote weight loss: dairy- and gluten-free foods, low-sugar foods, foods high in prebiotics/probiotics and fiber, and foods that support the body's acid-alkaline balance. Overall, whole foods grown locally and made at home equal whole body fitness.
TIP: Little bites can be a big mistake, licking a spatula while baking cookies is going to cost you 75 calories, biting into a roasted Brussels sprout to test doneness – 15 calories, stuffing your mouth with a misshapen baked biscuit – 106 calories, sipping a glass of wine while cooking – 125 calories
COOK YOUR BUTT OFF! is complete with informative sidebars, tips and tricks to help increase heart rate and physical activity during the cooking process.
Plus, in perfect health and fitness harmony, Rocco has partnered with Fitbit®, the market leader in the fitness tracking category, to make it easier than ever for readers to track their food intake and take control of their health and fitness. COOK YOUR BUTT OFF! features custom barcodes for every recipe in the book. When paired with one of Fitbit's six award-winning activity trackers, Fitbit users can simply scan the barcodes using the Fitbit app and it will automatically be logged into their Fitbit account under calories eaten.
If you don't have time to cook, Rocco has created COOK YOUR BUTT OFF! Kits available on his website: www.roccodispirito.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rocco DiSpirito is the author of eleven books, including the New York Times bestselling Now Eat This! Diet and The Pound a Day Diet. He entered the Culinary Institute of America at the age of sixteen, and at eighteen began working with legendary chefs worldwide. The James Beard award-winning chef opened the 3-star Union Pacific in New York City which was a culinary landmark for many years. He was named Food & Wine's Best New Chef and was the first chef to grace the cover of Gourmet as "America's Most Exciting Young Chef."
Fun Facts About Rocco DiSpirito (Source: Wikipedia)
1) DiSpirito was born in Queens, New York City, New York. He graduated in 1986 from the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York, and in 1990 from Boston University with a bachelor's degree in business. DiSpirito is known for his Italian-American cuisine and his innovative fusion cooking.
2) DiSpirito is best known as a celebrity chef and a cookbook author. He is known for his involvement in Union Pacific, a restaurant he opened in 1997 in the Gramercy Park section of Manhattan. A year later, New York Times reviewer Ruth Reichl, in an ecstatic three-star review, reported that a woman at the next table was moaning in uncontrollable ecstasy as she ate, but it was impossible to determine what dish had provoked that reaction, since just about every entree was worthy of such moans. DiSpirito departed Union Pacific in 2004.
3) DiSpirito succeeded Arthur Schwartz as host of Food Talk an hour-long morning talk show on New York Radio WOR (AM), from October 2004 through December 2005, and then hosted 12 episodes of the TV show Rocco Gets Real on A&E.
You can meet Rocco on Tuesday night, February 24th at his book signing in Costa Mesa, at 6:00pm in Bloomingdales, South Coast Plaza.
Copyright 2015 FOX 11 Los Angeles | Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.