6 SUSTAINABLE STYLE IDEAS FOR EARTH DAY!
1. Travel in stylish and sustainable transpo
- Bikes are the most earth-friendly and efficient form of travel, even over walking! So get cycling and why not go with a ReCycle cycle for extra planet-friendly points.
- ReCycle brand bicycles is created by cycling and sustainability enthusiast Bryce Edmonds: frames are built from 100% recycled aluminum and Seats are recycled cork!
- After 3 years of R+D, the first set of bikes are coming off the assembly line – so put in your pre-order now! Serious cool-looking factor.
- Made in the USA, Starting at $2000
- ReCycle Bikes Here!
2. DIY a "Green Wall"
- Plants clean the air by absorbing toxins and producing oxygen inside a home and… LOOK GORGEOUS. And studies show being around plants relieves stress!
- The brand new Living Wall Planter by Woolly Pockets is made in the USA of 100% BPA free recycled milk jugs – and creates a living, gorgeous piece of art!
- Easy to plant, install and care for – has a self-watering reservoir!
- Gorgeous plants provided by International Garden Center in El Segundo
- Living Wall Planters Here!!
3. Earth-Friendly +… Fashionable!
- Amour Vert is not only making beautiful clothes out of organic cotton (LOVE the striped francoise tee!!) and sustainable silk….but they also….
- Plant one tree in the San Bernadino forest for every tee sold!!
- Social Media: On earth day, April 22, for anyone who takes a pic of their favorite tree and posts to @AmourVert #PlantATreeAV, Amour Vert will plant a tree!
- Made in the USA, Buy here: Buy Amour Vert Here!
4. ‘Planet-friendly' when on your (period!)
- Not a popular subject! Tampons – but they actually create a lot of bio-waste!
- Eco-alternative?? YES! Lilicup is the world's first collapsible menstrual cup, made of medical grade silicon…they save plastic, trees and a whole lot of yuck!
- Does the job of 1600 tampons – so saves time and lots of money – all the while being good for the earth
- Learn about Lily Here!
5. MY FAVE Natural Beauty Products: Coconut Oil and Manuka Honey
- Both so affordable!!
- Coconut oil is like – AMAZING – it does everything! Vitacoco just came out with a gorgeous pure and 100% organic coconut oil in a glass jar, no synthetic fragrances, synthetic chemicals, dyes or unnatural preservatives…
- Great in your hair to hydrate and add shine, I take my eye makeup off with it – even stubborn makeup comes off like a dream, works great as a body conditioner and eating/cooking with it is great. Cholesterol free!
- Certified Manuka honey, from the hives of bees that pollinate the New Zealand native Manuka trees. Has a unique antibacterial properties, so great for dabbing on blemishes, and is super hydrating.
- Certified brand, Manuka Health makes all different strengths of honey and manuka based beauty products.
- More about VitaCoco Coconut Oil HERE!
- MANUKA HEALTH Brand products Here!
6. Affordable, Sustainable Kitchen Style
- Choose Organic Cotton when possible because that means less pesticides on crops
- H+M, known for affordable fashions, has home designs and does sustainable linens and kitchen products. All the linens here are by H=M home and are part of the conscious collection.
- Entire *Tablescape also provided by H+M Home
- H+M Sustainable Home Here!!