Here are FOX 11's Community Calendar Events for August, 2016:
Meditation for the Busy Mind
Stressed! Got too much on your mind? Join other adults in an hour of minful relaxation and meditation geared to help you release stress, reconnect with yourself, and find new energy.
- West Hollywood Library Children’s theater, 625 N. San Vicente Blvd. West Hollywood
- Saturday, August 13; 3:00 PM
- For more information, call 310/652-5340 or visit www.weho.org
Free Health Screenings
Free blood pressure and blood sugar screenings, referrals and health education presented by Huntington Hospital Registered Nurses.
- Pasadena City Library, Hastings Branch, 3325 E. Orange Grove Blvd., Pasadena
- Tuesday, August 16; 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- For more information, call 626/744-7262 or visit www.pasadenapubliclibrary.net
Summer Concert: Live Music “SayReal”
Alt + Reggae /Rock/Pop quarter SayReal perform a free concert on the library lawn. Co-sponsored by the Ocean Park Association.
- Santa Monica Public Library, (Ocean Park Branch)2601 Main Street, Santa Monica
- Saturday, August 20; 1:00PM
- For more information, call 310/458-8683 or visit www.smpl.org
Greeting Cards 101
Jessica Valdivia teaches how to make colorful cards for all occasions. Learn how to transform paper into something extra special.
- Santa Monica Public Library, (Pico Branch) 2201 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica
- Friday, August 26; 4:00 PM
- For more information, call 310/584-8684 or visit www.smpl.org
Tamale Making Workshop
Learn how to make salsa verde, chicken tamales and agua de Jamaica with Sandra “Mama” Romero. Recipes are provided with a tasting at the end of the class.
- Santa Monica Public Library, (Fairview Branch) 2101 Ocean Park Blvd, Santa Monica
- Saturday, August 27; 2:00PM
- For more information, call 310/458-8681 or visit www.smpl.org